Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Reading Material

My dear friend Alice has finally decided to join the world of blogging so I thought I would post her blog here to possibly give her some more readers. Alice was my college suitemate and one of my closest friends in the world. She has put up with a lot of my crap. In the time that I've known her I have been through a lot. Things have happened in my life that were the direct result of my own stupidity and bad judgments, while other things were just the result of bad luck - and she's stuck by me though it all. A lot of crap has happened in my life that has caused me to wake up and really see who my true friends are, and Alice has proven to be one of those people. I miss her like crazy but I am happy to say that she will be visiting me here in Washington in about 2 months! After college, I moved back to New Jersey and she moved back to her home state of Virginia. About a year or so afterwards, we both ended up moving back to North Carolina - me to Salisbury (China Grove to be exact) and her to Durham. We were about 2 1/2 hours away from each other at that point. Then about a year after I moved back to North Carolina, I moved to Corpus Christi, Texas. Alice got a job with Americorps in Austin, Texas, about 3 hours away from Corpus. I used to joke about how I stalked her back to North Carolina and then to Texas. Sadly (sadly for me at least), she is still in Austin where she now works as a kindergarten teacher. Personally, I find it very wrong that she did not continue the tradition of moving to the same state as me, a few hours away, but I suppose I can forgive her for that :-).

Mr. V is about to leave me for a little over 6 months and some of the biggest "tragedies" that I will experience while he's gone are things that I'm sure are not tragic to him. The new Harry Potter movie comes out on July 17th, and I was quite upset when I realized that he won't be around to see it with me. Well...guess what day Alice plans to come out to Washington? Yep...July 17th. Its like she can read my mind :-).

Anyway, on that note, here is her blog. Alice was an English major and she is a great writer so I am sure that her blog will have lots of interesting stories to read!

Alice's Adventures in Austin

No comments: