I don't think I'll ever understand why bad things happen to such good people.
I have a whirlwind of emotions going through me right now because of this:
Supporting Kati
This blog belongs to a friend of mine from college. He was a fellow history major and a great guy. He got married around the same time that I did, and while I have never met his wife personally, from everything I know about her, she seems like an amazing person.
Sadly, his wife is fighting a rare type of cancer and the latest prognosis wasn't good. I knew that she had been fighting cancer for a few years now, but I actually didn't know what type of cancer she had. After reading her blog I found out that she has cancer in her sinuses.
I now feel like a horrible, horrible person. As someone who has struggled with ear, nose and throat problems for my entire life, I thought I know what it was like to have sinus issues. I thought that it was horrible that I've had 3 sinus surgeries and yet I still get sinus infections. I have complained about my sinus issues so much, and now I just feel awful, because when I look at the bigger picture, my problems really aren't problems. In fact, I now realize that I should be grateful for what I do have. I should be grateful that while the surgeries haven't cured me, they've helped me a lot. I can't even begin to imagine what she has gone through and what she is continuing to go through.
David is a great guy and it breaks my heart that he is going through this with the woman he loves. I am also amazed at Kati. Through this blog and pictures on Facebook, I am absolutely amazed that she has kept a smile on her face through this all. I know for a fact that I could never be as strong as she seems to be, and I admire her so much for that.
I know not everyone reading this is religious, but if you are, please say a prayer for them. If you're not religious, please just keep them in your thoughts. A few prayers and good thoughts can't hurt right? I wish there was more that I could do for them :-(.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment