Monday, May 10, 2010

Tulip Time!

Every April, tulips bloom in Washington. So far the annual Skagit Valley Tulip Festival is one of the things that I love most about Washington. Last year it was absolutely beautiful. This year it was absolutely beautiful. Now we're in the weeks after the festival and the tulips are all dying off, so I'm already looking forward to next year's festival!

The "festival" really isn't a festival per se. Its more of fields and fields of tulips all over the Skagit Valley area. 2 large farms open up so visitors can in and look and all different types of tulips, and buy local Washington artwork and crafts. Mr. V and I went to check out the tulips a few weeks ago, back in April, so here are some pictures from this year's festival:








1 comment:

Goodnight moon said...

I am in love with all those tulips! Seriously.....beautiful! I can almost smell them through my computer screen!