Saturday, July 24, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #5

Yes, I know its Saturday, not Friday, but yesterday was way too busy for me, so I didn't have time to sit down and fill this out. So here is the 5th installment of the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In from Wife of a Sailor.

1. Besides the horizontal mambo, what do you miss most when your spouse is deployed?

I miss hanging out. I know that sounds kind of simple, but Mr. V loves exploring things and going to new places. Whenever we have free time we try to do something new. Whether its going to Mt. St. Helens for the weekend, or just hiking a new trail on the island, we always like new adventures. Sure, I can do these kinds of things without him, but its just something that we both get excited about and its something that I love sharing with him.

On a purely selfish note, I also miss the fact that he cleans the litter boxes. For the 2nd Friday Fill-In that I did (find it here), I said that my least favorite household chore was making the bed. Well I said that because I forgot how much I absolutely despise scooping litter boxes. I guess I didn't think about it, because most of the time I don't do it. That's his job. But when he's gone (like right now), reality hits, and I realize that the gross job is mine until he comes back home.

2. What do you miss least?

I never miss the way he comes home from work. And by that I mean, his "walking in the door" routine, which typically consists of emptying every single pocket of his flight suit as he walks around the house. If you've seen a flight suit, you know how many pockets there are! So I'll find receipts on the table by the door, a pile of change on the kitchen counter, some scribbled notes on the night stand, a few pencils on the coffee table, and then there's always the pocket of randomness (stones, broken pieces of things, etc.). And of course, I'm the one who walks around picking all of this up. We argue about it constantly, because I truly don't understand why he can't just empty his pockets all in one place. Or better yet, if he feels the need to walk around while doing it, then walk to where everything belongs, and empty it there. It drives me batty.

3. You only get three crayons to finish your picture… which three do you choose and why?

Ok now the questions are getting more complicated, and I really have to think about them. So let's see...I'd say blue, because its my favorite color, yellow because its bright and I'm not a fan of darkness, and green...because I think it would match the other 2 :-).

4. If you could have your own fragrance, what would it be called?

East Coast Summer - why? Because right now, I wish I was on the East Coast. That's not very creative I know, but it sounds good to me. It would have to be some mixture of vanilla and amber scents, mixed with some type of summery flower.

5. If the shoes make the man (or woman), what do your shoes say about you right now?

They scream that I'm rebelling against Washington. I'm wearing flip-flops, and while today was actually a fairly hot day, very worthy of flip-flops, it hasn't been that way all summer. However, I spend the entire fall and winter here (which seem endless to me) bundled up in warm clothes and closed toe shoes. So I don't care how cold it gets for the rest of the summer. I refuse to wear close toed shoes until summer is officially over, even if my toes have to freeze.

2 comments:

Sespi said...

I think I'm on the wrong part of the East Coast...lol. We were up in DC and NYC last week and all that "East Coast Summer" makes me think of is hot garbage and sweat ;)

lmc said...

I hate cleaning the litter box too!