This is going back a few weeks, but in an attempt to finally catch up on things, here are my answers to the 32nd installment of the Friday-In (on a Tuesday night):
1. Do you or your {spouse} ever wish your {spouse} was in a different branch of the military? submitted by The Turner Family
Nope. To be honest, I haven't given it much thought. Mr. V just seems like a Navy guy. I honestly couldn't even picture him in another branch. Personally, I like the Navy because the deployments tend to be shorter than Army deployments. Plus, I don't know much about life in the Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard...so I'm content with the Navy for the time being.
2. What duty station(s) are on your “No Way, Hell No, Not Going, Have Fun Unaccompanied” list and why? submitted by Every Branch
Corpus Christi, Texas....oh but wait....that's where we are headed next. I did throw a nice little adult temper tantrum when I found out we were heading back there, but at the same time, I really have no intention of staying behind. Plus, its a city that I already know, so while I don't particularly like it there, at least it won't be something horribly new and drastic.
I'd like to say that I would follow Mr. V anywhere, but when he was in the process of choosing his next set of orders, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba came up as an option and was promptly dismissed as an option. Thankfully, Mr. V knew that there was no way in hell I was going to go to Cuba with him. Living on a secluded piece of island, next to a high security prison, in a country that I can't even visit while I'm there, gets a big "Hell no!" from me. Thankfully, the option was there, but wasn't a good career move and it was just mentioned to him in the off chance that he might want orders there. It was never really considered in the final order choosing process.
I can't really think of anywhere other than Cuba that I would flat out refuse to go to, though I can think of MANY places that I wouldn't move to willingly.
3. If you could be one age forever, what age would you choose and why? submitted by Three Krakens
I don't really know. So far every age has had its pros and cons, so I can't say that I would want to stay at one age forever. I did enjoy my 21st year though. At least thats the age that is popping into my head as I ponder this question. So I guess if it was possible to stay in college forever - with minimal life responsibilities, but also the freedom of being an adult - I would choose that.
4. If you were a breakfast cereal, which one would you be? submitted by the C.W.
Frosted Cheerios - something good for you, with a touch of rebellion AND sweetness in the sugar frosting
5. What is your morning beverage of choice and why? submitted by NH Girl Displaced
It used to be water, but then I moved to Washington - the land of coffee stands on every single corner and a Starbucks in every shopping center. I drank coffee occasionally before moving here, but the endless darkness, rain and general dreary-ness in the winter time made me quickly realize why this state is addicted to their caffeine. I now require some type of caffeine before I can even begin to function for the day. Its going to be a shock to my system when I can't find a drive through coffee stand (or several of them) on every single road in Corpus Christi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment