Dear Lady in the Dollar Store,
Yes, I am aware of the fact that I am wearing a shirt that says "Hard Rock Cafe Paris". Yes, I've been to Paris. I may have completely misjudged your words and intentions, but you seemed to think it was odd that I have been to Paris, yet I was shopping in the dollar store.
First, I have a house full of cats. 10 of them at the moment, along with 4 small foster kittens. They tear through certain toys like you wouldn't believe. I refuse to pay $15 for a stick with a string attached to it, with a toy dangling off the end. These types of toys are favorites of my cats (and probably all cats), but they really like to pull that toy off the string, therefore breaking the toy. Its much cheaper for me to buy 2 of them at the dollar store (and oddly, the string on the dollar store one is much thicker than the expensive ones), because in about a week, when they pull the toy off of it, I will have lost $2 instead of $15. That seems perfectly logical to me.
Second, everyone can benefit from saving money, so please take your weirdness and go ask other people questions about the places they have visited and give them weird looks. Actually, don't do that. They'll probably be just as annoyed as I was.
Thank you for your time,
Brooklet
Dear Weird Creepy Man in the Dollar Store Parking lot,
Yes, I am aware of the fact that there is a Florida license plate on my car. Yes, I am also aware of the fact that there is a United States Navy sticker on the back of the car. Yes, I am aware of the fact that I am VERY far from home.
In case you haven't noticed, the vast majority of this town is in the military. Therefore, its not odd to see Florida license plates on people's cars, or any other state for that matter. Its not weird. Really, its not. The simple fact that I have Florida plates and a Navy sticker on my car does not give you enough reason to stand in the parking lot talking to me while I load bags into my car (yes lady from inside the dollar store, I bought more than just cat toys). I'm really not sure why it was so amazing to you that I am far away from Florida. Perhaps you've never left Whidbey Island. That could possible explain your weirdness and creepiness.
Brooklet
Wow...so apparently it starts to rain, and the weirdos come out in full force! I have to admit that while these people are annoying, I kind of missed some of the weirdness :-).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hahaah, you always find the strange ones!
Why dont you try and sew a new toy or the old one back on? I use a fishing pole for my cats back in America!!
You should see Rocky...I hear hes 18lbs....And Missy is doing good at my cousins.
Post a Comment