Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wonderful Washington Day 14 and 15

I just realized that I never finished posting about my "vacation" when Alice was up here visiting. I have 2 days left to talk about, but since its been more than 2 months since her visit, I have to admit that I'm tired of writing about it! It was a great time, but somewhere along the way, I lost my motivation to keep writing. So instead, I'll finish it up with pictures and small captions.

Day 14, Saturday, July 31: Jan's 28th Birthday! We spent the afternoon at the Woodland Park Zoo, and then had a yummy dinner at the Space Needle to celebrate her birthday.
(Mountain Goats at the zoo - I took this picture for Mr. V since he loves these things :-))

(Of course we had to ride the carousal)



(Penguins at the zoo)

(Dinner at the Space Needle...this is our waiter Matt, who was by far the best waiter ever, so we had to get a picture with him. We were hoping to set Jan up with him (he told us that his birthday was 2 weeks earlier - they were the same age), but it turns out, he was married...so sad...but if you go to the Space Needle, request Matt as your waiter :-).)

(Jan with her Lunar Orbiter dessert. Matt gave it to her for her birthday :-).)

(close-up of the Lunar Orbiter)
(Alice and me being adorable on the Space Needle observation deck :-). Actually, we were having wind problems with our skirts, so this was the best way to take the picture. )

(sunset seen from the top of the Space Needle)

(The Space Needle at night)

Day 15, Sunday, August 1: Last day of the vacation! Jan was up super early to go to the airport to head back to Kentucky. Alice and Carol still had one more full day so we wandered around Seattle a little, checking out more stuff at Pike Place Market and going on a Harbor Cruise.

I do have a picture of this day, but I can't find it at the moment. It was a professional picture taken as we got on the cruise boat, so I need to find it and scan it. Hopefully I'll be able to post it eventually.

No comments: