Monday, December 28, 2009

Homecoming!

As my good friend Alice pointed out to me this morning, its been a REALLY long time since I updated this blog. Life has been pretty hectic lately, but its finally hectic in a good way.

After 7 months of things breaking and going wrong, while I suffered through the wrath of Murphy by myself, Mr. V is FINALLY home from Iraq!!! He actually got home at the beginning of the month and life has been a whirlwind since then.

After his return date and time changing several times, homecoming ended up being wonderful. I had all these plans to decorate the house and have "Welcome Home" signs hung up for him, but I'm sad to say that didn't happen. He was originally supposed to arrive home on a Thursday morning. Then it chanegd to Wednesday at 8:30pm. I babysat on Wednesday morning and assumed that I had several hours after I got home to decorate the house, but nope! That morning, while I was babysitting I got several phone calls from the CO's wife. The first one changed his arrival time to 6:30pm. The next one changed it to 5:00pm. The finally one changed it to 4:30pm. At this point I realized that by the time I was done babysitting I had just enough time to take a shower and rush off to the hanger where his plane would be arriving. I had just enough time to throw a wooden P3 with his name and squadron on it, that I bought at a recent OSCWI boutique, on a nail on the outside of our house. Flags and "Welcome Home" signs will have to be stored to use after the next deployment.

So after a quick shower, some primping and some panic because he hadn't seen me in 7 months, I rushed out of the house. Halfway to base I realized I wasn't wearing my wedding rings (I take them off when I shower) so I had to turn around and race back home because I wasn't about to great my husband after 7 months, with no wedding rings on my finger.

Homecoming was great! The only thing that sucked was that even though the plane arrived at 4:30, it was already completely dark outside. It would have been nice to get some nicer pictures of the plane he arrived on, and everyone walking off the plane, and some nicer outdoor pictures, but I have to just be happy with the nighttime pictures that I got.

(Opening the hanger doors)
(the plane they arrived home on)

(He's back!)

(he gave me some chocolate that he bought in Germany because it had cute kittens on the box)

(I loved my box of kitten chocolate :-))


No comments: