Since its the day before the 19th installment of the Friday Fill-In, I thought I'd finally get around to responding to the 17th and 18th installments. I enjoy doing these fill-ins but I always seem to be too busy to do them on the actual day that they are supposed to be posted. So here are the last 2 from Wife of a Sailor and hopefully tomorrow I'll actually post one on time!
Friday Fill-In #17
1. What are some things on your bucket list? (from New Girl on Post)
I have a whole long list of things I want to do before I die, but unfortunately that list is in my head, and not written down, so I'm forgetting some of the things right now (I probably should write the whole list down). But off the top of my head this is what I can think of:
~own my own business
~visit all 50 states
~visit all 10 provinces and 3 territories of Canada (we're actually going to be hitting up the Yukon Territory in April - more to come on that later!)
~visit all 7 continents (yes including Antarctica - my aunt took a trip there years ago and her pictures are absolutely amazing)
~open my own animal rescue
~buy an old farmhouse (preferably pre-Civil War era) and renovate it to its original condition
~get my masters degree
~see the pyramids in Egypt
~go to Prague at Christmas
~celebrate New Year's in Times Square (after living so close to NYC and spending so much time there throughout my whole life, I've still never gone there for New Year's)
2. How long have you been a MilSpouse and where have you been stationed so far? (from Raising Roscoe)
I've been a military spouse for 2 1/2 years now and while being married we've been stationed in Jacksonville, Florida and Whidbey Island, Washington. We met in Corpus Christi, Texas though, where I had moved with my ex-fiance. So we count Corpus as a place we've lived, but since we didn't move there together, didn't meet until the end of our time there, and weren't married at the time, I don't know if that counts.
3. What is a list of songs that sums up your life so far? (from Confessions of a Sailor’s Wife)
This one is kind of hard. I hear songs all the time and think "This song is about me!" but off the top of my head I can't think of a whole list of them. The only one thats coming to mind is "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts that was my wedding song. It definitely describes my life in the romantic sense.
4. What is your favorite kind of pizza?
I'm not actually a huge fan of pizza, mainly because I don't like certain kinds of cheese (and my Italian family hates this about me). However, I hate cheese-less pizza because the cheese leaves behind a greasy taste that I like and without cheese that flavor doesn't exist. So my favorite kind of pizza would be plain cheese pizza, but with the cheese pulled off of it. So it basically just becomes bread with tomato sauce and a greasy residue, but that makes my taste buds happy. (and for the record, since moving away from New Jersey I haven't been able to find any pizza that even remotely compares to the pizza you can get there. My favorite being Maruca's or 3 Brothers pizza from the Seaside Heights boardwalk.)
5. What are three good things in your life right now?
1. Mr. V is home and will be home for at least a few more months.
2. Our finances are very stable which allows us to live a pretty good life and splurge a little here and there.
3. I have some amazing friends that I've met in this town, which has made life so much easier up here and has helped me learn how to actually love this place!
Friday Fill-In #18
1. Are you a night owl or an early bird?
Neither actually. I love my sleep and while I'm usually awake between 8:30 and 9 each morning, anything earlier than that makes me miserable. I also tend to go to sleep around 10 or 11 every night. My days of staying up until all hours of the night are long gone. I function the best and feel the best in mid-afternoon. So can I call myself an "afternoon person"?
2. What makes you jealous?
I realize this is probably pretty pathetic, but I can't stand when other women flirt with my husband. I know it means nothing to him and I know I have nothing to worry about, but it still makes my anger flare like you wouldn't believe. So I don't know if thats actual jealousy or just anger.
On another note, people who have an easy time in new social situations and who are outgoing also make me jealous, because I wish I could be more like that. I wish I was able to move to a new place and just get out there by myself, but it takes me a while to warm up to new places and social situations, which makes things hard at first.
3. Have you started Christmas/holiday shopping yet? When will you finish?
Sort of. I never actually "start" Christmas shopping, but instead if I find something while I'm out and about that I know someone would like, I'll buy it and hang onto it until Christmas. So I have a few random things bought for people already, but I probably won't finish my official Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve (yes I'm a procrastinator).
4. What would you have a personal chef make you tonight?
Thai peanut sauce. This is my new addiction at the moment. There's a Thai restaurant in town that has the best peanut sauce I've ever tasted and I need to figure out how to duplicate it before we move. So far I haven't figured out how to do that because there are hundreds of different peanut sauce recipes online. Maybe if I had a personal chef, he could taste test the one I like and be a good enough chef to figure out how to re-create it for me. (so if anyone has a good Thai peanut sauce recipe please pass it along to me!)
5. Where was your first kiss?
I feel like I'm really dating myself when I realized that I had to actually think about this. I remember the moment, but I really had to think about what age I was because it feels like it was so long ago. I was 14 or 15, at my friend's house and we were playing truth or dare. My friend knew I liked this one guy who was with us, so she dared him to kiss me and he did. We actually did date for a while after that but there was really nothing spectacular or memorable about him other than the fact that I was furious with my friend when she dared him to kiss him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment