Head over to Wife of a Sailor for the 19th week of the Friday Fill-In...
1. What’s the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
A week ago, I don't know if I would have had an answer for this, but a few days ago a guy hit my car in a parking lot. The nice thing was that he stuck around, waiting for me to come out of the store to give me his insurance info and apologize. You would think that having your car hit would annoy you, but I was honestly so shocked and grateful that this guy stuck around, that I didn't even care. Back in Jacksonville I got into a pretty bad car accident. A guy side swiped me, causing me to spin out across 3 lanes of traffic on the interstate and eventually end up in the trees on the side of the road, about 2 feet away from a huge concrete pole. The guy attempted a hit a run, but he blew his tire out and ended up stopping almost a 1/2 mile down the road. My car was pretty messed up and to make matters even worse, this guy was driving on a suspended license with no insurance. Needless to say, I wasn't at all happy that the guy tried to drive away like nothing happened, and I was furious that I had to pay the deductible to have my car fixed. I have uninsured driver insurance, but it really infuriated me that I had to still put out a few hundred dollars of my own money to fix my car because this asshole was driving without insurance. So needless to say, after that experience, the fact that someone waited for me in the parking lot to give me his insurance info so I could fix the damage on my car has renewed my faith in people. And thankfully, the damage looked worse than it was. The front grill of the car has been pushed in, but Mr. V was able to pop it back into place. All thats left now is a teeny tiny little dent in the hood, and since the car is 6 years old and has a few other tiny dents we aren't even going to make these people pay for it. Its not even worth fixing.
And that was a long story to say that these people waiting for me, might have actually been the nicest thing a stranger has done for me. Ive had other dents and bumps in my car that I didn't put there, yet no one ever stuck around to take the blame for.
2. If you are having a hard time going to sleep, what do you do to help yourself?
Thats a good question. I'll be reading other people's answers to get some ideas here. I've had some pretty serious insomnia over the past few years and when I can't fall asleep, nothing helps. Maybe someone else will have a good answer to this question.
3. Name something that makes you wish you were a kid again.
Seeing as Halloween is only 2 days away...I want to go trick or treating again!
4. What is something you never believed until you experienced it?
I never believed in ghosts, but a few of my own experiences (stories for another time) have made me seriously reconsider my opinion about them.
5. What can’t you say “no” to?
Traveling. I'm always up for going somewhere new - whether its just down the street or halfway around the world. I love seeing new places, and I rarely even stop to think about the cost when we're in the process of planning our next adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I also love traveling!
Traveling in a passion of mine also!
I just wanted to say hello :) My sweetheart is a C-17 pilot down here at McChord... It's nice to find a blog of another milspouse in Western Washington!
Post a Comment