If you know me well, then you know that I am NOT a confrontational person. I am barely capable of picking up the phone and ordering a pizza without freaking out first. Well, I just emailed Crazy Woman and told her that I am not babysitting for her anymore. I know I probably should have called her, but she tends to talk her way out of things and into getting her way. I have enough of a phone phobia as it is, so I know I would be a blubbering mess if she started to beg and trip me up somehow.
Basically, I told her that I am not healing as quickly as I thought I would, and therefore have no idea when I will be able to go back to work. I told her that she should ask the girl who is working for her now if she can stay on (although I know this girl, and I know she isn't going to), or start to look for someone else because I can't be a reliable sitter right now.
I am hoping that she'll take this well because I really don't feel like dealing with her. The worst part is that most of what I told her isn't even a lie. I AM healing slower than I thought I would. I still have bad swelling and pain, and I still have 2 black eyes (although they are starting to go away).I can't touch my nose without it hurting and yesterday I was rubbing my eye, and rubbed too close to my nose and ended up in excruciating pain because I rubbed my nose WAY too hard. Even if I liked this job and even if she paid me well, I still wouldn't go back anytime soon because my face is just still too sensitive. One day when I was babysitting, the little girl was playing dress up and she was pretending to put makeup on me. Seems harmless right? But its not. I can't have a 2 year old rubbing my face and tapping it and playing with it - no matter how gentle she is. I also can't lift her up. I went out bowling with some friends this past Saturday and I thought I would be fine. I picked a light 8 pound ball and started bowling. It took 4 times of throwing (rolling?) that ball for me to feel pain in my face again. It was just a stretching, painful feeling, so before I did any severe damage, I sat down and let Mr. V finish bowling for me, and then sat out of the second game.
So my point is, technically I should be going back to work for this lady next Wednesday and I don't think that can happen regardless of my distaste for her.
Just wish me luck, that I don't have to talk to her about this for a long time. My fingers are crossed that she will just read my email, say "ok" and go find someone else to work for her.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm dying to know if the crazy lady emailed back!!! Any updates?
Post a Comment