The Rules: - Choose a minimum of 5 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
- Show the 5 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
Ten Honest Things About Me
1. I hate cheese. White cheese to be exact. I will eat cheddar cheese and American cheese, but no swiss, mozzarella, parmesan , etc. I do like ricotta cheese though and will eat pasta with nothing but ricotta cheese on it (a family favorite). I am half Italian, so my lack of enthusiam about cheese has always disappointed the Italian side of my family. I do like pizza though, but I have to take the cheese off of it. It can't be cheese-less pizza because the cheese gives it a nice greasy taste, which is why I have to get it with cheese, and then pull the cheese off.
2. I am addicted to American Idol and will revolve my life around the show during each season. I don't even like half of the people on it normally, but I can't stop watching it.
3. I can't touch raw meat. It makes me want to throw up. The easiest thing I can do is brown ground beef, as long as someone else puts it into the pan for me. One of my favorite meals is chicken coated with Ritz crackers, but the chicken has to be cut up into nugget sizes. I already told Mr. V that when he is deployed, he has to cut up some chicken first, and freeze it for me so I can make my favorite meal without vomiting.
4. I enjoy doing laundry, but not in this house. The washing machine is in our garage and its cold here. It takes some preparation for me to even work up the enthusiasm to go into our garage.
5. I grew up on the Jersey Shore, but I don't really like the beach. Maybe its because I grew up on the beach so its not that exciting. Or maybe its the fact that I don't like swimming in water that has scary creatures in it and unpredictable tides and currents. I don't like lakes either though. Give me a pool and I'll be happy.
6. I can quote you hundreds of different facts about salt water taffy (for example, there's not really salt water in it) and chocolate. My uncle owns a candy store on the boardwalk on the same beach that I grew up on. The store has been there for over 50 years and people come from all over the country to buy the homemade taffy. Its one of the few places on the east coast that still uses the old fashioned taffy machines. I worked there for 5 years, and grew up eating the candy there. I know facts about candy that most people would never even think about. (while you're at it, feel free to order some candy - they ship worldwide! Berkeley Sweet Shop)
7. I went from having no cats, to 1 cat, to 9 cats in 3 years. Clearly I am on my way to crazy old cat lady status.
8. I hate talking on the phone - it scares me. I have no idea why, but text messages are wonderful :-).
9. I am an only child and will fully admit that I suffer from a bad case of "Only Child Syndrome". I need my alone time. I hate being smothered. I hate being around people 24/7. And if you touch my stuff or move my stuff around - then we will have a problem!
10. I have over 300 different rabbits in my house. Stuffed animals, figurines, decorations, etc. I started the collection when I got my first rabbit at 4 years old. When I was 8 years old the collection had grown so much that I displayed it in the town library. While thats not super exciting, the local newspaper found it to be the best display of a collection that the library ever had and I had a newspaper article written about me and my rabbit collection!
I don't even know if I know of 5 blogs to nominate but here goes: I am passing the Honest Scrap award on and nominating: Moose Munch, Notes From Niger, A Glance Inside the Randomness That is My Life, and Sleepy In Seattle (OK thats only 4. I read some others but don't have the nerve to let random people know that I am stalking them just yet.)

1 comment:
Oh hell, 10 more things?? I'll have to work on it!
I want you on my Trivial Pursuit team for all your random candy facts and since you're a history buff too...we'll kick ass, man!!
Remind me to send you my cell #...I'm a textaholic.
And I was an only child till I was 16(and for most purposes still consider myself one...my sister is a whopping 3 years older than my son and more like a child to me than a sibling) and freaking loved it...lol. It made me contrary in some ways(liking alone time too for example), but I'm good with it.
Post a Comment