Wednesday, May 5, 2010

MilSpouse Blog Hop

I was reading my friend NavyGirl's blog - Marrying the Navy and came across this. There is another blogger, a fellow military wife, hosting a blog hop for blogs written by military spouses. I sort of skimmed through it at first, but then went back and decided to join in. When I started this blog I planned on updating it much more often than I do, so I figured if more people were reading it, then maybe I would be more motivated to keep up with it!

The rules state that I'm supposed to introduce myself in this post, so for those of you that already know me, feel free to ignore this. For those of you who don't. I'm Brooke aka Brooklet, married to a Navy pilot for 2 years. I refer to my husband as "Mr. V" in this blog. He's a P-3 pilot stationed at NAS Whidbey Island in Washington state. We've been here since August 2008. Prior to living here we spent about 8 months in Jacksonville, Florida where Mr. V was in flight school to learn how to fly the P3. He was winged in Corpus Christi in October 2007, which is where he did most of his flight training. We met in Corpus Christi (though I'm from New Jersey originally).

We're both a little cat crazy, as proven by the 9 cats that live in our house right now. (we had 10, but one recently died, which will be in another post.) We rescue strays, socialize feral cats, and practice TNR (trap, neuter, return) for those completely feral cats. Our friends know us as the crazy cat couple, but we love the furballs and proudly sport the crazy cat couple title :-).

Since moving up here I've developed several new interests which include quilting and card making. I've always been into crafts, but my artistic talent is lacking, and I hope that one day the creations I make will actually not look homemade!

Life in Washington state has been a little hard to get used to. I can't say that I hate it here. But I CAN say that life out here is completely different from life on the East Coast, and I am crossing my fingers that we will be heading back to Florida in about a year and a half.

My blog is sort of random. I talk about military life stuff, but also just about every day stuff. I can definitely call myself a military wife in the sense of thats who I am. I married a guy in the Navy, which sucked me right into this lifestyle. However, I also like writing about other things in my life, because I don't want to be known as just a military wife. So hopefully you will find some of the things I write about interesting :-).

In the meantime, I'm excited about this blog hop and looking forward to reading more military wife blogs. I lurk around on some military spouse message boards, so I'm always interested in hearing about other people's experiences and meeting new people! If its your first time reading this blog, please let me know. I promise I'll try to become a little more interesting and update this thing a little more often!

Here's the link to the blog hop: Riding the Rollercoaster

7 comments:

Roller Coaster said...

Thanks for linking up on the blog hop! Hope you get a chance to meet some of the other awesome mil spouses out there. I'm your newest follower, and i look forward to reading more!

Wife on the Roller Coaster

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog -- I'm glad you hopped on over, especially since that means I now have the distinct pleasure of reading the blog of one with whom I seem to have a great deal in common.

Wow, nine cats? While our two might sometimes seem like nine (particularly in the midst of the morning and evening "cat crazies"), I must tip my hat to you for giving a good home to so many.

♥ Dani said...

Hello from a fellow displaced Jersey girl! I also found you via the blog hop. Nice to meet you!

Chantal said...

Hi! I followed your link and I'm now following your blog. Thanks for following mine!

Goodnight moon said...

Hello lovely! I found you through the milspouse hop. I love meeting new military wives!

I'm also a new follower! My blog is called, Goodnight moon. Come by so we can be blogging friends:)

Just Anchored said...

Hey there! I found you on the blog hop! Come stop by my blog! I look forward to reading about your blog and seeing you over at mine!

Tiffany
http://thelifeofanetswife.blogspot.com/

staceymichelle99 said...

Hi there! Found you on the milspouse blog hop! I look forward to following you on this crazy journey as a military spouse! I'm at: http://staceymichelle99.blogspot.com if you'd like to visit my blog :)