I'm a pessimistic person. I always have been and I probably always will be. I'm aware of the fact that I often rant and complain about things that I should just get over or deal with. But with that being said, I feel like this rant is completely warranted. WHERE THE HECK IS SPRING???
Its June 2nd. The temperature on my computer says 56 degrees. Thats the temperature for Oak Harbor, Washington at 4pm on June 2nd. And this isn't a freak incident. Its been cold for months now. And while I know 56 degrees isn't freezing, its also not Spring weather, and with the rain that won't go away, its VERY cold here right now. I've been using my heat more than any person should ever have to use heat during the spring. So seriously Spring...where are you?? Summer arrives in just a few weeks, and since you haven't made an appearance yet, I'm a little worried that Summer will also chose to not arrive in the Pacific Northwest.
This is the weather report that was written for this area for yesterday, June 1st:
SNOW COMBINED WITH STRONG WINDS WILL CAUSE DANGEROUS CONDITIONS ON THE CASCADE VOLCANOES. PERSONS VENTURING INTO HIGHER ELEVATIONS ON THE VOLCANOES SHOULD FACTOR THE INCLEMENT CONDITIONS INTO THEIR PLANS AND ROUTE SELECTIONS. (Have I ever mentioned that we are apparently surrounded by 5 active volcanoes?) I don't live in the mountains. I live on an island sandwiched between two mountain ranges, but that weather report alone is just wrong for this time of year, and trust me, its not that much warmer at the bottom of the mountains.
I seriously hate the weather up here. Nothing is consistent, and nothing is normal. Last winter it was freezing and it snowed endlessly. That was followed by a summer that was the hottest in Seattle's recorded history, and in an area lacking air conditioners, that really sucked. Now this past winter it was pretty warm for most of it, but now thats followed by a cold Spring! My gas bill has a little graph on it that shows my gas usage for each month. Since January, my usage has actually been INCREASING each month. So why on earth is it getting colder? I spent Memorial Day weekend in Seattle bundled up in clothes that no one should have to wear on Memorial Day! All of my friends from New Jersey had Facebook statuses up about the tourists that are arriving at the Jersey Shore for the summer, and all I could think was "Why on earth would anyone want to go to the beach this weekend?" Oh right...its hot everywhere else in the country.
There's something very wrong with the fact that I'm probably going to have to turn my heat on tonight. On June 2nd.
Is it time to leave this place yet?!?
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
this place has the suckiest weather ever
Chilly weather in June would definitely screw with my sense of all that is right and proper with regard to seasonable weather. Hope things warm up for you soon.
Haha you sound like me :) I often rant and complain as well! I would probably go crazy there, I hate hot weather, but thats a little too much of no spring time...
We were supposed to get orders to Seattle... Should I be thanking my lucky stars they fell through? LOL I hope it warms up for you soon. And here I am complaining about the 100 degree days... hmmm. It's beyond hot here. It's unbearable. With no beach or anything. Just hot for no reason. LOL
"I'm very late with this, but I am a new follower and found your blog through the milspouse blog hop. I'm only now getting around to reading everyone's blogs. I look forward to reading more from you!"
Thanks so much for stopping by! :)
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Maybe you should just move back here to Corpus! :D Or move to Niger West Africa.....
Post a Comment