Friday, August 20, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #9

Here are this week's questions for the Friday Fill-In from Wife of a Sailor:

Last week one of the questions was asking the participants to ask their own questions, so this week, that's where the questions come from.

1. If you could be a fugitive from the law for whatever reason, what would your crime be? (from
It’s a Hooah Life)

A bank robber, because let's face it...who doesn't want more money?

2. How long do you think you will be a military family? (from Julie the Army Wife)

This has been debated back and forth between us, but we're probably in it until retirement (20 years). Mr. V's initial commitment is slightly longer than average due to the fact that he went through flight school. He had to commit to 8 years after receiving his wings, plus the 2 years of flight school before that. Right now we're at the point where we still have just under 6 more years before we can even begin to think about getting out. And by that point, he'll be halfway to retirement (or possibly more because apparently sometimes years spent at the Naval Academy will count towards retirement, but I don't completely understand how that works), and it kind of seems pointless to get out at that point (at least in our minds). So yep...we're probably a lifetime military family.

3. What’s your favorite recipe? (from Keep Calm and Soldier On)

Its a recipe that my Grandma used to make for me any time I was over at her house. You take chicken breast and cut it up into small nugget sized pieces, coat them in melted butter and then roll them in Ritz cracker crumbs. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and you have a somewhat unhealthy but very yummy dinner. Of course the meal is only complete with chicken gravy, corn and mashed potatoes with a dollop of sour cream in them. No other side dishes are acceptable as part of the meal :-).

4. What would you want your last five words to be when you leave this life? (from My Goal is Simple)

"I had a great life". I suppose thats a simple answer, but I really don't want to die if I haven't enjoyed my life yet, so when that time comes I want to remember and point out that I have lived a great life :-).

5. Where do you hope to retire? (from Pennies from Heaven)

North Carolina in the Charlotte area. That's where I went to college and I absolutely love it there. Whether or not that happens will be up for debate I suppose. Mr. V wants to retire back here to Washington, or go back to his home in New Orleans. I want neither of those options, so I'm sure we'll have to come to some kind of compromise when that time comes up.

2 comments:

Wife of a Sailor said...

North Carolina is a gorgeous place!

Alice Sanderson said...

You have to retire in NC b/c that's where I'm retiring! I'm sure Thomas will understand:)